Lonely Planet's Discover India is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Be awed by the Taj Mahal, take a sacred dip in Varanasi, soak up rays and creature comforts in Goa, or shop 'til you drop in Delhi; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover India:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, architecture, art, cinema, cuisine, the Indian way of life, religion, customs/etiquette, landscapes, wildlife, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Delhi map (included in print version), plus over 63 colour maps
- Useful features - including Top Itineraries, Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Family Travel
- Coverage of Delhi and the Taj Mahal, Mumbai (Bombay), Rajasthan, Goa, Kerala, Darjeeling, Varanasi, and the northern mountains, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover India, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travellers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's India guide.
- Looking for a guide for Delhi, Kerala, Goa or Mumbai? Check out Lonely Planet's Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guide, Lonely Planet's South India & Kerala guide, and Lonely Planet's Goa & Mumbai guide for a comprehensive look at all those cities have to offer.