This book L. Frank Baum published on 1914. It was 8 book of Land of Oz series. One of the main characters of “Tik-Tok of Oz” book is Ann Soforth. She is a ruler of Oogaboo. Actually, she is a queen of monarchy separated from the rest of Oz's Winkie Country. Ann decided to conquer Oz.
So she raises an army – not a big one. Ann has only 17 soldiers who want to fight in this war. Glinda knows about this army and rearranges their path with magic. That’s how 17 brave warriors march out of Oz. They appear into a befogged country they did not know.
Meanwhile, Betsy Bobbin and her friendly mule have washed ashore when a storm comes suddenly. The girl and her animal friend arrive in the Rose Kingdom. The roses tell Betsy basic rules of living there. Soon after that, the girl meet The Shaggy Man.
Land of Oz works:
1. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900)
2. The Marvelous Land of Oz (1904)
3. Ozma of Oz (1907)
4. Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz (1908)
5. The Road to Oz (1909)
6. The Emerald City of Oz (1910)
7. The Patchwork Girl of Oz (1913)
8. Tik-Tok of Oz (1914)
9. The Scarecrow of Oz (1915)
10. Rinkitink in Oz (1916)
11. The Lost Princess of Oz (1917)
12. The Tin Woodman of Oz (1918)
13. The Magic of Oz (1919, posthumously published)
14. Glinda of Oz (1920, posthumously published)
This mysterious creature was sent to the Betsy by Ozma, who used the Magic Belt. The main desire if Shaggy Man is to find whereabouts of his brother. He thinks that ruler of the underground Nome Kingdom deliberately captured his brother when he digging underground.